3 Days Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Uganda Kibale National Park
3 Days Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Uganda Kibale National Park – Overview
The 3 days Kibale chimpanzee trekking safari in Uganda Kibale National Park enables you to trek Chimps in Kibale National Park dubbed the primate capital of the world with the largest count of habituated chimpanzees in the whole of Uganda.
The 3 days Uganda Chimpanzee trekking safari is the Uganda safari tour that offers you an opportunity to encounter the habituated chimpanzees in their natural habitat, explore Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary. The Bigodi wetland walk exposes you to a typical eco–tourism encounter in Uganda.
The impressive flora and fauna existing along with the local community are indeed rewarding to encounter.
3 Days Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Uganda Kibale National Park – Highlights
- Day 1: Transfer From Kampala To Kibale Forest National Park, Lunch In Fort Portal Town, Afternoon Fort Portal Crater Lake Hike And Visit The Amabere Ga’ Nnyinamwiru Caves.
- Day 2: Do Morning Chimpanzee Trekking & Bigodi Wetland Walk In The Afternoon
- Day 3: Hiking/Nature Walks In Kibale Forest & Transfer To Kampala With An Enroute Visit To Nakayima Tree.
3 Days Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Kibale Uganda Tour – Detailed Itinerary.
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Kibale Forest National Park, Afternoon Fort Portal Crater Lake Hike, Visit the Amabere Ga’ Nnyinamwiru Caves
After taking an early morning breakfast in your place of stay in Kampala, you will be picked up by our experienced driver guide to embark on a transfer drive to Kibale forest park dubbed the primate Capital.
The scenic drive of 358kms about 4-5 hours drive will take you through the most fascinating countryside landscapes dotted with local homesteads, local populations, and rolling hills.
Arrive in Fort Portal town also dubbed the Tourism City of Uganda for lunch after which you will continue to do the Fort Portal Crater Lake Hike to gain magnificent views and sights of the remarkable Fort Portal explosion craters.
You will also tour the stunning Amabere Ga’ Nnyinamwiru caves with a magical Nyakasura River falling over them forming a splendid waterfall.
The caves have breast-like features to which the locals attach a great cultural connotation and are thought to date back to the Chwezi era.
Thereafter, Retreat from the activity and drive through Fort Portal Town to Kibale Forest Park just a distance of 26 Kilometers to Check-in to your lodge, have dinner, and overnight.
Accommodation: Ndali Lodge (Upmarket), Chimpanzee Forest Guesthouse (Mid-range/Standard) and Rwenzori View Guesthouse (Budget/Basic).
Day 2: Do Morning Chimpanzee Trekking & Bigodi Wetland Walk in The Afternoon
After early morning breakfast, you will be transferred to the park headquarters for an early morning briefing about the dos and don’ts of Chimpanzee trekking encounters in the primate Capital of the world – the Kibale National Park.
Thereafter, you will walk through the forest with an experienced guide who will be enlightening you about both wildlife and plants life.
Immediately you encounter the primates, you will be allowed one memorable hour to interact with the primates.
The Chimpanzees will lure you into a state of amazement as they swing through the branches, make pant hooting calls, play with each other, and imitate your body language along with other features that will make your one full hour with them a memorable experience of its own.
Retreat from the activity which tends to take 2 – 5 hours to embark on the transfer to Bigodi wetland. The Bigodi wetland lies in close distance to the park thus connecting there is less hectic.
The Bigodi wetland walk exposes you to a typical eco–tourism encounter in Uganda. The impressive flora and fauna existing along with the local community are indeed rewarding to encounter.
The sights of great blue turaco and the Sitatunga may not be missed. Retreat from the activity back to the lodge for relaxation dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Kyaninga Lodge (Upmarket/Luxury), Chimpanzee Forest Guesthouse (Mid-range/Standard) or Rwenzori View Guesthouse (Budget/Basic).
Day 3: Hiking/Nature Walks in Kibale Forest & Transfer to Kampala With.
The activity offers you the opportunity to explore the naturally diversified Kibale forest and encounter the different bird species such as the Papyrus Gonolek, White-winged Warbler, White-collared Olive back, and Papyrus Canary.
After 2-4 hours of activity, you will retreat back to the starting point and immediately embark on your transfer drive to Kampala.
The overland journey of 358 will take you through the most magnificent landscape and beautiful local Ugandans. Have a stopover in Mubende to visit Nakayima tree.
Here you will be narrated the fascinating tales about the history of this impressive tree with a cultural connection to the Buganda culture.
Thereafter, continue with the drive to Kampala, on arrival, the driver guide will drop you at your place of stay in Kampala or Entebbe international airport for your onward flight back.
End of The Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Kibale Uganda Tour
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides, and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages/drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)