3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour Bwindi, Uganda Gorilla Safari
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour in Bwindi – 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari – Overview
This 3 days Uganda gorilla trekking tour in Bwindi is a short 3 days Uganda Gorilla safari taking you to trek and see the rare endangered mountain Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is located in southwestern Uganda on the edge of the Rift Valley.
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest” protects more than half of the remaining Mountain Gorillas (about 456) in the world and it is one of the safe and secure destinations to have lifetime gorilla trekking in Africa.
The tour also offers you an opportunity to participate in other activities like cultural walks to visit the Batwa community, Nature walks, forest walks, and bird watching.
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour in Bwindi – 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari – Highlights
- Day 1: Transfer From Kampala To Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 2: Early Morning Gorilla Trekking & Afternoon Cultural Walk To Visit The Batwa Community
- Day 3: Drive Back To Kampala With En-Route Lunch Stopover At Igongo Cultural Centre
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour in Bwindi – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
After early morning breakfast, you will be picked up by our driver guide and depart from Kampala City for your 3 days Uganda Gorilla safari tour, driving towards southwestern Uganda to Bwindi.
Have a brief stop at the Uganda Equator for a marvelous water experiment, photographs, and refreshments as well as a visit to the craft shops.
Thereafter, you proceed with the journey while enjoying the views from the vehicle of the long-horned Ankole cattle in the land of honey and milk –Mabara.
You will have a second stopover for traditional thrilling lunch at Igongo Cultural Centre and a brief tour of the museum.
Afterward traverse through the rolling hills, terraced landscapes, and the beautiful panorama of Kabale to the park. On arrival at the park, you will drive to the lodge to check-in, have dinner, and overnight stay.
Accommodation: Chameleon Hill Lodge (Upmarket/Luxury), Gorilla Mist Camp (Midrange/Standard) or Broadbill Forest Camp (Budget/Basic).
Day 2: Early Morning Gorilla Trekking & Afternoon Cultural Walk to Visit the Batwa Community.
After an early morning hearty breakfast, you will transfer to the Park headquarters for registration and join other visitors in an early morning briefing about the dos and don’ts of Gorilla trekking at Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
After the briefing, UWA experienced ranger guide will lead you to the trailheads to enter the ancient, thick dark Bwindi impenetrable forest to start searching for the unique species of the mountain gorillas inhabited in the hilly forested areas of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
The trek may take you between 2-8 hours to encounter face to face with the mountain gorillas and once up close, you will be allowed to spend one magical hour with these stunning apes. During this time you can decide to sit down listen to gorilla crumble, study how these apes go about their daily activities and you can take as many photos as possible.
Retire back to the starting point after one hour and proceed to your lodge for a late lunch and relaxation. Thereafter, embark on an evening community walk to visit the native Batwa community and have a cultural encounter. Return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Accommodation: Chameleons Hill Lodge (Luxury/Upmarket), Gorilla Mist Camp (Mid-Range/Standard), Broad Bill Forest Camp (Budget/Basic).
Day 3: Drive Back to Kampala With En-route Lunch Stopover at Igongo Cultural Centre.
After breakfast, depart Bwindi Impenetrable National Park driving back to Kampala. The long drive of 530kms about 9-10hrs will take you through the rolling hills, terraced landscapes, and the beautiful panorama of Kabale to the land of honey and Milk-Mbarara.
Have lunch stopover at Igongo Cultural Centre located just 12kms passed Mbarara town. Thereafter, proceed with the drive and on the way, you will have a stopover at Uganda Equator for the photographic opportunity, a fascinating water experiment visit to craft shops, and Mpambire drum makers for a brief drumming session.
Afterward, advance with the drive to Kampala and as soon as you arrive, the driver guide will drive you back to your lodge or Entebbe international airport for your flight back home.
End of The 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour in Bwindi – 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)