2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trek, Two Days Rwanda Safari, Rwanda Gorilla Trek Volcanoes National Park
2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trek – Overview
This 2 Days Rwanda gorilla trek or two days Rwanda gorilla tour is the second shortest Rwanda safari for visitors with limited time to go for a gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda Volcanoes National Park.
This 2 days Rwanda gorilla safari will take you through the charming historical and cultural heritage of Rwanda, traversing through fascinating rolling hills and wonderful scenic landscape of Rwanda-the land of thousand hills to Volcanoes Park situated in the northeastern part of Rwanda.
The 2 days Rwanda safari tour which will start and end in Kigali will offer you an opportunity to encounter the precious mountain gorillas which are worldwide only protected in three countries of Rwanda, Uganda, and Congo
2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trek – Highlights
- Day 1: Arrival at Kigali International Airport, Visit Gisozi Genocide Memorial Center & Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Day 2: Do Early Morning Gorilla trekking in Rwanda Volcanoes Park & Transfer Back to Kigali.
2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trek – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival at Kigali International Airport, Visit Gisozi genocide memorial center & Transfer to Volcanoes national park
Upon your arrival at Kigali International Airport, you will be welcomed by your professional driver guide who will then transfer you to any hotel in Kigali for a min break refreshment, and relaxation.
To start your 2 days Rwanda gorilla tour, you will embark on a tour to the Gisozi genocide Memorial Centre to pay tribute to the local Rwandese that were massacred during the merciless genocide that befell the country in the year 1994.
The 2 days Rwanda gorilla safari will enable you to listen to the complete history of Rwanda during the 1994 genocide and the events of the massacres, including personal accounts.
The overland journey of 1-2hours will take you through the picturesque rolling winding hills and scenic landscapes that characterize the land of thousand hills-Rwanda.
On arrival at the park, you will report to your pre-booked lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Accommodations: Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge (Upmarket/Luxury), Mountain Gorilla View Lodge (Standard/Mid-range), Muhabura Hotel (Budget).
Day 2: Do Early Morning Gorilla Trekking & Transfer Back to Kigali.
Following an early morning breakfast, you will report to the park headquarters for registration and an early morning briefing at 8 am about the Rwanda gorilla trekking safari code of conduct at Volcanoes National Park.
In this meeting, you will be assigned a particular gorilla family or group that you are going to encounter.
After the briefing, the experienced Ranger guides will lead you into the forest trails to search for the critically endangered mountain gorillas thriving in the hilly forested areas of Volcanoes National Park.
The activity which may last between 2 – 8 hours depending on the movements of the apes will reward you with one (1) hour of memorable direct encounter with Mountain gorillas.
You will see them feed their young ones, look for food among other gorilla daily activities and at that time, you are allowed to take as many photos as you wish after which you will disembark to the starting point where the activity starts from.
After retiring to the park headquarters, embark on the drive back to Kigali city now enjoying the fascinating countryside scenic views.
Upon arriving at Kigali City, the driver guide will drive you to Kanombe International Airport for your onward flight back home.
End of The 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trek
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)