4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari to Kidepo National Park
Overview of the 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari to Kidepo National Park
The 4 days Uganda Wildlife Safari to Kidepo Valley National Park is good wildlife tour that entails you encountering Africa’s wilderness park-Kidepo National Park conveniently located in the rugged, semi-arid valleys of Karamoja region on the far northern frontier of Uganda and Sudan. The 4 days wildlife safari to Kidepo allows you to view wide –range of exciting faunas like the greater and lesser kudu, eland and cheetah, lion, leopard, spotted hyena and black-backed and side-striped jackals as well as elephant, Burchell’s zebra, bush pig, warthog, Rothschild’s giraffe, Cape buffalo, bushbuck, bush duiker, Defassa waterbuck, Bohor reedbuck, Jackson’s hartebeest and oribi. Besides wildlife, the safari will offer you unique chance to have rare cultural encounter with the host community of the Karamajongs, a nomadic pastoral tribe in north eastern Uganda. The safari starts and ends in Kampala.
Safari Highlights of the 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari to Kidepo National Park
- Day 1 of the 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari to Kidepo National Park: Transfer from Kampala to Kidepo National Park
- Day 2 of the 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari to Kidepo National Park: Do morning game drive & Evening Cultural Walk to Visit the local Karamojongoes
- Day 3 of the 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari to Kidepo National Park: Do early morning Hiking/ Scenery viewing & Afternoon Nature walk
- Day 4 of the 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari to Kidepo National Park: Transfer from Kidepo National Park to Kampala/Entebbe.
Description of the 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari to Kidepo National Park
Day 1 of the 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari to Kidepo National Park: Transfer from Kampala to Kidepo National Park
Depart Kampala after your early morning breakfast, heading to the North eastern part of the country to Kidepo Valley National Park- Uganda’s most beautiful protected areas. The overland drive journey of 571kms about 10-12hours’ drive ‘will take you through traditional Gulu town where you will have stopover for lunch in any of the town hotels and thereafter proceed with the drive through Kitgum town to Kidepo. The long drive will make you traverse through the remote villages of Acholi, to the local Karamonjos homesteads and finally into the beautiful valleys of Kidepo national park .On arrival to the park, the drive guide will take you to your pre-booked lodge to check-in, have dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Apoka safari lodge (Luxury Lodge), NgaMoru camp for (Mid-range), UWA Bandas and Campsites (Budget Lodge)
Day 2 of the 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari to Kidepo National Park: Do morning game drive &Evening Cultural walk to visit the local Karamojongoes.
Right after your early morning breakfast, report for an early morning memorable game drive along the well-arranged Kidepo tracks to Kanangorok hot spring. The game drive may reward you with the view of the 28 wildlife species that are only found in Kidepo Valley national park in whole of Uganda .You also encounter the Carnivore species such as bat-eared fox, striped hyena, aardwolf, caracal, and cheetah, hunting dog. The game drive will enable you to have closer account to other wildlife species like Elephant, burchell’s zebra, bush pig, warthog, Rothschild giraffe, cape buffalo, eland, bush buck, bush duskier, defassa water buck, bohor reed buck, jackson’s hartbeest and oribi. After an early morning game drive, you will disembark from the activity and drive to your lodge for lunch, relaxation as you wait for an evening cultural encounter. After lunch, embark on an evening cultural walk to visit the Karamojongoes local people surviving in the surrounding areas of Kidepo Valley National Park. Cultural walk will expose you to different traditional dances such as the Emuya of the Naporre and Nyangia, ethnic groups and Larakaraka and Apiti dances of the Acholi. After the activity, retreat back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3 of the 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari to Kidepo National Park: Do early morning Hiking/ Scenery viewing &Afternoon Nature walk
Immediately after cup of coffee in the morning, embark on the transfer to Lamoji Mountains were hiking and Scenery viewing is carried out. The activity will take you through the mountains and savannah landscape of the park, the Narus valley where you may also meet some wildlife species and bird species. You will explore the splendid Kidepo River Valley covered by Borassus palm forest, the Kanangorok hot springs and the Lotukei Mountains in the southern boundary of the park. Thereafter, retire back to your lodge for relaxation, lunch as you wait for an afternoon Nature walk. After lunch, you will embark on nature walk and this will take you to the Karamajong homesteads locally called manyattas and probably kraals to see traditional costumes, stools, spears headdress, knives, bows and arrows and jewelry. Retire back to the lodge after the activity, have dinner and overnight.
Accommodations: Apoka Safari Lodge (Luxury) Nga’ Mou Wilderness Camp (Midrange) and UWA bandas (Budget).
Day 4 of the 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari to Kidepo National Park: Transfer from Kidepo National Park to Kampala/Entebbe.
After taking an early morning breakfast, embark on transfer from Kidepo Valley National Park to Kampala 571kms about 10-12 hours’ drive. The long drive journey will take you through the interesting savannah grasslands of Kitgum district to Gulu town .You will have stopover for lunch in Gulu town for thrilling lunch, and thereafter continue with the drive through the open grasslands of Nakasongola District to Luwero Triangle –the area which was greatly affected by the 1980’s Ugandan Civil War and finally to Kampala City. On arrival to Kampala, you will be dropped to your Kampala lodge or Entebbe international airport for your scheduled flight back home.
End of Safari of the 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari to Kidepo National Park
General Safari Inclusions
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Please note that Upon your request, we can change(customize) the tour destinations, hotels and number of days to suit your desire .just contact us call us 24/7 on phone
Call Us Today! Office: (+256)414-532-162 Mob:(+256)email@example.com