3 Days Congo Low Land Gorilla Tour
Overview of the 3 Days Congo Low Land Gorilla Tour
The 3 days Congo Low Land Gorilla tour is one of the short tours that will allow you to trek the stunning lowland gorillas in Khauzi Biega National Park located in South Kivu province, eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The park remains the only place in the world where you can see Low land gorillas in the wild. The tour will take you through Tshibati waterfalls, Bukavu town, Mbayo tea plantations, the research Centre and will also allow you to have cultural encounter with the traditional Congolese staying around Khauzi Biega National Park in Bukavu. The Tour will start with pick-up from Kigali Air Port and end with drop off at the airport.
Safari Highlights of the 3 Days Congo Low Land Gorilla Tour
- Day 1 of the 3 Days Congo Low Land Gorilla Tour: Arrive at Kigali International Airport & Transfer to Bukavu in DR Congo
- Day 2 of the 3 Days Congo Low Land Gorilla Tour: Early Morning Lowland Gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega – DR Congo &Afternoon Nature Walks
- Day 3 of the 3 Days Congo Low Land Gorilla Tour: Transfer from Bukavu –DR Congo back to Kigali & Departure
Description of the 3 Days Congo Low Land Gorilla Tour
Day 1 of the 3 Days Congo Low Land Gorilla Tour: Arrive at Kigali International Airport & Transfer to Bukavu in DR Congo
Upon your arrival at Kigali Airport, you will be picked up by our driver guide and then drive southwards to Cyangugu boarder on the way to Bukavu in DR Congo. You will have a stopover in Butare, where you will visit the national museum of Rwanda, the king’s palace in Nyanza, and the Rwanda genocide memorial site. Thereafter, you will continue with a scenic drive journey to Bukavu with splendid views of the rolling picturesque hills in Rwanda through the tropical forest of Nyungwe National park. On arrival to Bukavu, the driver guide will drive you direct to your pre-booked lodge for dinner and relaxation.
Accommodation: Orchid safari Lodge. (Luxury/Mid-range), Hotel Horizon (Budget).
Day 2 of the 3 Days Congo Low Land Gorilla Tour: Early Morning Lowland Gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega – DR Congo &Afternoon Nature Walks
After an early morning breakfast, embark on an early morning drive to the park headquarters for briefing about the rules and regulations to follow when trekking the lowland gorillas in Kahuzi Biega National park. After briefing, you will be led to enter the trekking trails to start searching for the gorillas. Trekking lowland Gorillas is very amazing, lowland Gorillas differ from the mountain gorillas, the lowland gorillas are bigger in size, usually takes 1-4 hours trekking the lowland Gorillas. The lowland Gorillas stay in bigger families as compared to mountain gorillas; you will not regret the tour effort once you meet the amazing Gorillas. After one memorable hour of encounter with the lowland gorillas, you will retire back to the lodge for lunch and relaxation. After lunch, embark on an afternoon nature walk in the Kahuzi Biega Park .The nature walks will take you through Tshibati waterfalls, visit Bukavu town, Mbayo tea plantations, the research Centre and the surrounding traditional homes to explore the lifestyle of the local community. Thereafter, retreat back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Orchid safari Lodge. (Luxury), Hotel Horizon (Budget).
Day 3 of the 3 Days Congo Low Land Gorilla Tour: Transfer from Bukavu –DR Congo back to Kigali & Departure
Right after an early morning breakfast, depart Bukavu driving back to Kigali. The scenic drive journey will take you through wonderful landscape in Bukavu in Congo crossing via Cyangugu boarder to Rwanda. You will have an en route stop in Butare, where you will visit the national museum of Rwanda, the king’s palace in Nyanza, and the Rwanda genocide memorial site. On arrival to Kigali, you will advance with the drive to Kigali International Air Port for your scheduled flight back home.
End of the 3 Days Congo Low Land Gorilla Tour
General Safari Inclusions
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Please note that Upon your request, we can change(customize) the tour destinations, hotels and number of days to suit your desire .just contact us call us 24/7 on phone
Call Us Today! Office: (+256)414-532-162 Mob:(+256)firstname.lastname@example.org